Learn the Total Immersion stroke mechanics that have transformed thousands with our Effortless Endurance class. With expert instruction and multiple video recordings/review, you’ll be swimming better, easier and faster within minutes.
(Subject to minor revision)
30min TBA Zoom/ Orientation
11:00 - 12:30 Pool session 1
12:30 - 01:30 Break / Video analysis
01:30 - 03:00 Pool session 2
30 min TBA Zoom / Video Review
Class will include two pool sessions, including video analysis in each session, plus zoom review and discussion.
DESCRIPTION: This private clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable level of comfort in the water. This workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and detailed video analysis. It is recommended for people who can swim at least 100meters or more of crawl stroke who have studied TI skills previously with DVDs, books or had lessons from a TI Coach.
Who will benefit from this workshop?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve.
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
• Open Water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
LEVEL 1 - EFFORTLESS ENDURANCE - Learn the core TI stroke mechanics that have transformed thousands. Effortless Endurance sets the table for efficient swimming by developing proper alignment and balance in the water. This builds a reliable foundation upon which we add core rotation, proper limb orientation/movements, and breathing skills. Our carefully planned learning sequences ensure you’ll make near-instant progress. In only one-day we guarantee you’ll walk out a better, smarter swimmer. You'll learn:
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
WHAT TO BRING:
For the pool: An extra suit if you want dry ones for the 2nd swim, an extra pair of goggles - just in case. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks. Bring your own towel (an extra once is nice in case you want a dry one after the 2nd pool session). Water bottle.
For the break: Pad and pen for note taking and a snack
OnPoint Fitness does not offer refunds, credits or transfers on these classes. Please, be sure that our services match your needs before committing through payment.