Class will include two pool sessions, including video analysis in each session, plus classroom review and discussion.
Event details and schedule
(Subject to minor revision)
30min TBA Zoom/ Orientation
11:00 - 12:30 Pool session 1
12:30 - 01:30 Break / Video analysis
01:30 - 03:00 Pool session 2
30 min TBA Zoom / Video Review
Requirements: Swimmers are required to complete the TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop (Day 1) prior to participiation in Day 2 - Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop.
Smart Speed refines the mechanics learned on Day 1, Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop with clear practice strategies to consolidate the various stroke components into effective whole stroke swimming. Learn to structure your pool sessions and build efficiency-reinforcing focal points into every lap, making every practice an investment in skill acquisition, endurance and speed. We'll dive into the metrics of tempo and stroke length to teach you how to generate and sustain velocity. Smart Speed is the perfect follow up to Effortless Endurance.
LEVEL 2 - SMART SPEED - We'll transform your freestyle. Develop a stroke that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Swim faster with smarter choices, instead of greater effort. You'll learn:
1. Swimming 'Gears', Learn your own best swimming gears . . . like those on a bicycle. Change speeds simply by adding a stroke to your count. Discover your best range of 3 stroke counts for this skill, and practice using them with expert guidance.
2. The Magic of a Tempo Trainer is an improvement-minded swimmer's best friend. Use it to make striking gains in efficiency--then convert that efficiency into more speed. Sometimes in 15 minutes or less and with an ease that will surprise you.
3. The Math of Speed The equation Stroke Length x Stroke Rate (SL x SR) is the only exact and guaranteed predictor of how fast you'll swim. Learn simple exercises and formulas for creating and solving speed problems. Also learn the combination of SPL+Tempo that precisely matches your present level of skill and fitness
Who will benefit from this workshop?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided).
• Triathletes looking to improve their stroke, reduce their swim times and save energy.
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
• Open Water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient.
WHAT TO BRING:
For the pool: An extra suit if you want dry ones for the 2nd swim, an extra pair of goggles - just in case. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks. Bring your own towel (an extra once is nice in case you want a dry one after the 2nd pool session). Water bottle.
For the break: Pad and pen for note taking.
Cancellation & Transfer Policy:
OnPoint Fitness does not offer refunds, credits or transfers on these classes. Please, be sure that our services match your needs before committing through payment.